Labels

Monday, August 13, 2012

ProVerb feat Tebogo Moloto - Writers' Club



Here’s something from our brothers on the South-side of the continent. ProVerb is one of the best rappers in Africa… period! I’ve been a fan of this dude for a few years, and we’ve even put up a couple of his collaborations with Naija rappers, Modenine (ProMode) and Naeto C (Higher). Last month, he dropped the video for his single “Writer’s Club” but I stalled on it for a few reasons beyond my control. Well, here it is.

Verb sets the standards when it comes to lyrical composition, delivery and even video quality. This is art! Naija/African rappers, take a cue.

“Here’s the music video for my single “Writers’ Club” featuring Tebogo Moloto.

Thank you so much to the following writers who I respect so much for agreeing to cameo in the video: Lebo Mashile, Kojo Baffoe, Napo Masheane, Angus Gibson, Jerry Mofokeng, Libby Doughtry and my boy Amu. The ultimate “Writer’s Club”.

Thanks also to my extended family at Volvo South Africa for coming on board and to my manager Jobie and his producing partner Makere for producing it. The video is directed by the talented Tebogo Malope. Suzan Kibirige held it down as Production Coordinator. David Pienaar was Director of Photography. The offline edit was by Riaan Stoman. The online edit and effects were by Garth Von Gleghn. Key Set PA: Benny, Make Up: Ziona Nagdee.

Welcome to the Writers’ Club.”    - Proverb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment